Save money getting money!

Obviously I spend a lot of time traveling, so I'm quite often changing currency.  I've found the best rates to be from ATMs, but this can be a catch 22 situation.  Yes, you get the best rate, but you have to pay the ATM's surcharge fee every time you make a withdrawal.  This often leads you to taking out a ton of cash from the ATM, just so you won't have to revisit it and pay the fee each time.  The problem here is that if its never a good idea to carry a ton of cash around, and also if you take too much out, you know you'll end up changing it in the airport at the worst rates.

Enter Schwab!  I have a Schwab free checking account, which has unlimited ATM fee reimbursements.  Problem solved!  So I can continue to sip from the ATM machine like a little mouse, visit it as often as I want to take as little as I want out, from any ATM in the world, regardless of ATM bank owner.  You can't beat it!  Go ahead and open one up www.schwab.com  No minimum balance or monthly activity needed to maintain no fees.  What an excellent banking product!

-Jason of TWiBT

No comments:

Post a Comment