Camping Gear Review: Verzey Envelope Sleeping Bag

Camping Gear Review:  Verzey Envelope Sleeping Bag

Often times in life, we aspire to and want what we cannot have.  This has been my experience with camping.  I love the idea of hiking for the weekend in the mountains, setting up camp wherever I see fit, popping up a tent, and climbing into my sleeping bag.  Reality has been that I live in South Florida where we have dangerous heat, crippling humidity, and giant mosquitoes. Of the times that I did camp in South Florida, it has been at state parks that are just off of major interstate highways.  Not really a tranquil experience!

However, now that I am an avid traveler, I plan to make those camping dreams a reality.  Like much of my travel gear, I choose not to go for the most expensive, most flashy, etc.  I try to avoid those types of things.  I prefer to be more minimalist.  Also, in case something gets lost or damaged, you don't have to worry about it.  For example, people often ask me what I film my travel movies on, thinking I'm using some kind of big SLR camera.  I mainly just use a small point and shoot camera that I keep in my pocket.

I wanted to shop around and find a good, durable, inexpensive, high quality sleeping bag for my someday camping.  I looked around on Amazon for a while, read a bunch of reviews, looked at all the details/specs, watched YouTube videos, and ultimately decided to give this one a try.  I'm glad I did!



This is the one I bought:  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JNTPN68/



It's small, easy to fit back into the bag, and I had a great idea to even put it inside a travel vacuum seal bag to make it even smaller to fit in a backpack.  I rolled it out, laid inside it and was already dozing off to sleep.  I'm a big fan of the material as it keeps you warm or cool as needed.  Also, it zips open on the sides to allow ventilation.  It's definitely going to be one that I use on my camping trips in the future.  Thought I'd share with everyone here.  If you're a newbie camper, give this one a shot!





This is the one I bought:  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JNTPN68/

No comments:

Post a Comment