Mileage Runners in the news!

For those of you not familiar with what a mileage run is, it is when you take a flight for no other purpose than to earn frequent flyer miles for future travel/benefits.  To learn more about this, watch this video HERE.

This practice of mileage running has made the news, check out this article:
Mileage Runners


People who do mileage runs are usually focused on earning the sort of upgrades and services that are normally on tickets that can cost well over $10,000 each.  Upgrades to First Class, Lounge Access, legendary customer service!  Personally, I don't really do mileage runs, because I get more than enough miles from all the bonuses that go around.  Even still, I stretch my miles by flying coach a lot and taking advantage of transfer bonuses, so I don't really need to earn more miles with this method.  However, should I desire to start earning those sort of upgrades, mileage running is the best way to do it.  Everyone has different levels of obsession with this hobby!



-Jason of TWiBT

No comments:

Post a Comment