Travel Film: Kintaro Walks Japan

TWiBT Presents

Travel Film Review

Kintaro Walks Japan


I had originally seen the film 'Kintaro Walks Japan' on a long flight somewhere.  It is a documentary telling the story of Tyler MacNiven.  A recent college grad who decides to spend some time taking a bit of an unusual gap year.  He spends roughly half a year walking the length of Japan, over 2000 miles!

The film is charming and addictive.  It gives you a personal look into Japan and you can't help but feel as if you are part of the journey!  I love films like these.  They're real, raw, and inspiring.  Makes me want to do this also.  If you are needing some inspiration as well, I recommend you watch this film.  Personally, I'd ride a bike instead of walk.  The film does a good job of showing you how to really visit a country.  As Tyler states in the film, "I didn't want to just experience Japan, I wanted to be part of Japan."

By traveling in this slow manner, you experience the country on such a more deep and personal level.  You feel the air, see the plants & animals, interact with people, and become part of it all, rather than simply whizzing through it on a bus or car.

The best part is, you can watch this absolutely free on Google Video:



Enjoy the film!

-Jason of TWiBT

No comments:

Post a Comment